Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Au Revoir

Brett Favre is finally gone. I was one of the people that had been calling for him to go the past three years. Before turning it around last year, he had played two terrible seasons (38 TD/47 INT) and was seemingly serving as a drag on the franchise's future. He turned it around last year and led the Packers to a surprising finish. While I can appreciate his talent (his streak of consecutive games is nothing short of amazing), he has always annoyed me. I will never forget watching Super Bowl XXXII with utter indifference as two of the five most annoying players to ever play in the NFL faced off-Brett Favre and John Elway. I recently conducted a scientific survey in my head and came up with the five most annoying players in NFL history:

1. Tom Brady
2. Thurman Thomas
3. John Elway
4. Brett Favre
5. (tie) Damon Huard, Jay Fielder, Ray Lucas, Brian Griese, A.J. Feeley, Gus Frerotte, Daunte Culpepper, Joey Harrington, Cleo Lemon, Trent Green, John Beck, and anyone else that has started a game for the Dolphins since Dan Marino retired that I might have missed

Good ridance Brett, you hung out just long enough to break some records.

3 comments:

Bill said...

I tend to agree- only rooted for him this year over Giants and such- I am curious about Thurman Thomas at 2- is that a Dolphin thing? Only one you're missing is Neon Deion.

The Old Guy said...

If Thurman Thomas were in the WWE, he would be the Dolphin Killer. I still have nightmares of him knifing through the defense. How can you hate Prime Time??

Kyle Hampson said...

Bitter Beer Face!!! I know Favre broke your boy's records but Peyton will break them anyway so it doesn't matter. I wonder what the Eagles will get for Lito Sheppard?