Thursday, August 7, 2008

Gridiron Granules: The Could This Clown Be Any More Annoying Edition

The long national nightmare is over, Brett Favre has a new team at last. I would rather watch Fox News go back to running a continuous loop of Jeremiah Wright clips or MSNBC commentators identifying more lobbyists in the John McCain camp or John McCain and Barack Obama continually bickering over tire pressure than another ESPN reporter live from Green Bay. Over the past two weeks, there was a 200% chance one could turn to ESPN News and see someone yakking about the old man. I have had about as much interest in Favre's final destination as I do about who will be America's Next Top Model. Did this clown really think the Packers were just going to release him and let him go to the Vikings or Bears? I am almost ready to move Favre up to #3 on my list of all-time annoying players in NFL history. Chad Pennington was immediately cut, which means he will end up on the Dolphins, as the quarterback situation seems dire (go here for a good laugh). I think baseball pennant races are still ongoing, so could ESPN stop with the saturation coverage of this buffoon. I actually heard someone say Broadway Brett. The Jets just went from a 5-6 win team to an 8-9 win team and nothing more, so keep any Joe Montana to the Chiefs talk to yourself.

No comments: