Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Joe Borowski is Not Good at Being a Closer

The Indians have one major weakness and it is the right arm of Joe Borowski. You could make a case that Borowski should not be saving games for any team in the majors, but he is, for a team many picked to win the AL. Last night provides exhibit A, as he managed to give up a walk-off grand slam to Torii Hunter. For any other closer, I would chalk it up to one bad game early in the season. But Borowski is terrible. In saving 45 games last season, his ERA was 5.07. As the Indians closer the past two years, he has saved 81 games while blowing 15 save opportunites. If one were to hit 81 out 96 free throws in the NBA they would be considered a very good free throw shooter, but when you save 81 of 96 opportunities in the big leagues, you should be pitching in the minors. I take pity on all who have this clown on their fantasy team.

1 comment:

Bill said...

I guess you have to pity me, as I do have him. He is such a pain, almost had a heart attack when I saw the ERA this morning. Time to put him out to pasture.